1. Life is what you negotiate. It’s cute to think you get what you deserve but more often than not, life will give you what you ask out of it.
2. No matter what people will have you believe, the presence of emotion is not the absence of logic. Never be ashamed of being a person that feels.
3. Life is long. You live long enough to see heroes become villains and villains turn into heroes.
4. Your family loves you. No matter how many times they ignore your saying “It’s in the fridge doesn’t mean you can help yourself”
5. The tension between security and adventure is a paradox to manage, not a problem to solve. You can’t choose between inhaling and exhaling – you have to do both.